Thursday 21 January 2016

Soup and Cozy Evening's

Today I got my soup on and I thought I'd share with you this super easy, yet super tasty recipe that never fails to hit the spot on a cold winters day complete with a chunk of crusty warm bread.

You will need:
2 red onions (sliced)
10 Sage leaves
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1/2 a red chili (deseeded and chopped)
2 chicken or veg stock cubes
1 squash -my favourite is chestnut, but butternut will do (chopped but not peeled! Love your skins!)
5 bacon rashers if you fancy (sliced)
Olive oil, salt and pepper



Using a BIG saucepan fry the bacon (if you want to use it) and sage leaves in the oil for 5 minutes before adding the onions, garlic, chili and celery and continue frying until soft (about 10 minutes).

 Season with salt and pepper then add the squash (this can be abit of a squeeze if the saucepan isn't big enough), plop the stock cubes in 1 and 1/2 pints of boiling water to dissolve and pour into saucepan.

 Cover and simmer for half an hour until squash is squishy, then blitz the living daylights out of it with a blender (mine is a hand held, but a 'posh' one will work too!). 

 Pour into bowls (serves a hungry 4) and serve with chunky bread, warmed, with butter.

DeLISH!!

 This also keeps for around 3 days in the fridge if you can't handle all of it in one sitting.

  This is my favourite soup to make and eat, its very thick and satisfying and I've had alot of people asking for the recipe.

 After all of that hard soup making, I'm sitting down with a cup of tea and a good book in my cosy living room. 

I hope your evening is just as relaxing!



No comments:

Post a Comment